UWID’s fully equipped model-building workshop is available for students to use on their own, after adequate instruction. The first week of semester includes a compact introductory session for foundation level students. All work-steps from preliminary model to final presenta-tion, and from workshop sketch to final coating, are taught and supervised.
The workshops use conventional cutting and forming processes that are taught in foundation level courses. A professional- standard 3D rapid-prototyping printer and CNC milling machine allow direct processing of CAD data, guaranteeing a professional design workflow..
The workshop teaches and supervises every stage of model-building, from workshop sketch to final painting, from preliminary model to presentation.
The model-building workshop is fully equipped for working with wood, metal or plastic. Equipment includes:
- Rapid prototyping
- 3D Printer
- 3-axis CNC milling machine
- two lathes and three universal milling machines
- plate bending bench and bandsaws for metal, plastic and wood
- circular saw, planer, sander, standard drills etc., and various small hand-held power tools
- bench space for 30 students
- a modern paintshop
- plastic thermoforming equipment
Mondays - Thursdays: 8.00 - 17.00 h
Fridays: 8.00 - 15.00 h
Opening time are flexible during examinations
Dipl.-Des. Sonja Deli
Dipl.- Des. Dietmar Walta