The Bachelor of Arts in Industrial Design degree program is technically oriented and we place special emphasis on gaining expertise in design, construction and practical application. In doing so we focus not on superficial "beautification" of the product, nor on redesign mere-ly for redesign's sake, but rather on
- researching the situation,
- understanding problems,
- analyzing options and
- developing intelligent solutions.
We are creative generalists and clever thinkers for a better future.
The structure of our program:
- Artistic and theoretical basics (1st and 2nd semester)
- Design development and the design process - where does the idea come from? (3rd and 4th semester)
- Application and special focus formation through cooperation with international companies (5th and 6th semesters, e.g. Braun, Bosch and Deutsche Telekom)
- Internship and/or study abroad at one of our partner universities in Europe or the USA (7th semester)
- Bachelor's thesis (8th semester)
Admission takes place annually in the winter semester, with submission of the application portfolio usually in May. The standard degree program lasts four years.
Design the future with us - we are looking forward to your application.
Fundamentals of design 2nd. semester
Design development 3rd. semester
Design methodology 4th. semester
The design process 5th. semester
Design visions 6th. semester
Special focus formation 7th. semester
Design internship 8th. semester